Besides being easy to stick to, there are enormous health benefits to the ketogenic lifestyle. It’s amazing how well this way of eating works for improving and even reversing many diseases.
- Fights Obesity – If you eat a ketogenic diet, eventually you will not be overweight. It’s just a fact of life that eating keto properly will make you lose weight. At first, it’ll happen fast and then it’ll slow down, but if you’re doing it, you’ll be losing it.
- Manages Diabetes – Keto lowers your blood sugar levels substantially since you will not be eating lots of high-starch veggies, lots of high-sugar fruit, or any processed food. In addition, you’re going to be eating a variety of low-starch veggies, which is going to help you even further.
- Improves Alzheimer’s Disease – Because ketones are neuroprotective, Alzheimer’s patients have seen some improvements and slowing of the progression of the disease by maintaining a ketogenic lifestyle.
- Helps Prevent / Slows Cancer – One of the most common types of brain cancer (gliomas) can shrink substantially in someone on a ketogenic diet. Going extra low carb and ensuring that you take out every single processed food will help with this.
- Lowers High Blood Pressure – If you have high blood pressure, you may end up going off your meds after a few weeks of the keto way of life. Because the diet is anti-inflammatory, it helps to lower blood pressure.
- Fights Chronic Inflammation – This way of life, drinking plenty of water, avoiding processed food, and eating enough nutrition, will keep your inflammation at bay. This is one reason people with autoimmune illness do so well on a keto way of life. Because you’re not triggering your inflammatory response by what you’re eating now, you won’t get inflamed as much.
- Helps with Other Brain Disorders – Because ketones are neuroprotective, people with any type of brain issue – ranging from memory issues and brain fog to serious issues like a stroke – will find that this way of eating can help improve their condition.
- Improves Epilepsy – This has been a way of life for many people with intractable epilepsy, providing relief to many parents of children with epilepsy. Ketogenesis is featured in the movie about a child with epilepsy called Lorenzo’s Oil, which is still very interesting to watch.
- Helps Reverse Polycystic Ovary Syndrome – A major cause of infertility today, the main reason people have PCOS is that they have elevated insulin levels. The high insulin environment will cause the ovaries to produce more male hormones called androgens, which can affect everything about this system. The keto way of eating can reverse this condition and if done soon enough will help restore fertility.
- Reduces Migraines – Many people who live the ketogenic lifestyle report that they get many fewer migraines than they did before. It is thought that it works because the ketones are neuroprotective but also because of the reduction in inflammation.
The health benefits are so numerous that you can probably add to this list yourself once you get started. Many people report life-changing results from following the ketogenic lifestyle.